Monday, November 12, 2001

My heart sank yesterday when I heard that the DE Experience was unable to perform at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, due to "unforeseen circumstances". [I'm not even going to begin to speculate!] I needn't have worried. Her last-minute stand-in, Jewish-American transsexual Candi Cane, was excellent. [Note to US gay bloggers: this is not the Candis Cayne who presides over Barrcadua every week.] The secret love-child of Peter Stringfellow and Anne Robinson, Candi's act features videos, masks and more wigs than Hedwig. She's rapidly picked up on British culture, too, as her portrayal of Delia Smith showed.

Lots of great company at the RVT, too. "I feel like a member of the First Wives' Club," said my ex-boyfriend Pano as I introduced him to my ex-boyfriend Michael and my boyfriend Marcus.

No comments: