Wednesday, July 31, 2002

The NME review of the new Future Sound of London album, Amorphous Androgynous: The Isness, makes it sound so brilliant, despite the dodgy title, that I've just had to add it to my my wish list. [Hey, cut me some slack: it's been a while!]
Oh lordy! Ever wondered what it would sound like if you crammed Ravi Shankar, John Barry, World Party, Miles David and a skipful of hallucinogenics into a studio and let the tapes roll? Gary Cobain obviously has. Exhausted by a life where all anyone wanted to talk about was Eno and Tangerine Dream, Cobain trawled the globe after the release of the mighty 'Dead Cities' in 1996 in pursuit of true visionaries. Having tried fasting, meditation and yoga in search of the answers, he finally found salvation in ELO, Barbra Streisand and Italian film scores. Some FSOL fans may not be impressed. But for connoisseurs of sprawling, loony progtronica, this other-worldly masterpiece is so far out you need a telescope to see it.
Sounds very me. I get called 'a connoisseur of sprawling, loony progtronica' every day. 'Cept it's usually pronounced 'sad old git'.

No comments: