Thursday, February 28, 2002

I have received two items from BOL this week. The first was a CD, Musique Automatique by Stereo Total and the second was a book, Atonement by Ian McEwan.

When I got home last night, there was a card from the post office saying they had a package for me at the 'local' sorting office, as it was too big to fit through the letterbox. So off I trekked there this lunch time. There was just one package: the CD, packed in a needlessly large box. It's a single CD, goddamnit, there's no need to put it in a box big enough for the complete works of Barbara Cartland.

Anyway, as I was near home, I popped in for lunch. Good job I did. Propped up against the front door, just waiting for passersby to nick it, was another BOL package - the book - which the postman had been too lazy to carry back to the sorting office.

No comments: