Tuesday, February 12, 2002

To the Curzon Soho last night for the screening of Sub Angel, a short film written and produced by my friend Anne. And very good it was, too - three-and-a-half-thousand pounds have never been so well spent.

After the film, I chatted to my ex, Pano, and his boyfriend, Colin. Once the free wine had run out, we all went to De Hems. I managed to avoid the rounds of tequilas that Pano bought, and so did everyone else, which resulted in Pano drinking them all himself. I did stay long enough to see him become truly surreal. As we were leaving, a friend of Ian's walked in. Pano said to him, "you look like someone who struggled through the Great Depression." "Did I survive it?" "Noooo!"

Colin, storming off: "Pano, why do you always have to become so obnoxious when you get drunk?" The very words I used on him so often, so long ago. But he's not obnoxious, merely... puzzled by the world.

No comments: