Friday, August 24, 2001

As you can probably tell from the picture below, I'm not a great stickler for tidiness. However, there is one area of my life in which I am incredibly anal: my CDs. Yes, they are filed alphabetically. But there's more to it than that - they're further split into singles and albums, which are then filed chronologically within each artist. For example, much of the top row - after ABBA and ABC - is occupied by Marc Almond, starting with the Soft Cell albums, then the Marc and the Mambas ones, and finally his solo albums, ending with the new one, Stranger Things. The same system is then repeated for singles.

Anal? And then some, I know, but I do have hundreds of CDs, and like to be able to reach in and grab the exact one I want to hear when I want to hear it. Nothing else in my life is that ordered, honest. My desk is a mess, I can never find the files I've been working on as they're haphazardly stored in a bewildering array of folders. It's just my CDs. How do you arrange yours?

No comments: