Wednesday, August 08, 2001

Last night was our weekly Retro Bar pop quiz. I really enjoyed it, perhaps because I'd been to Twosdays at Barcode first, but not everyone was equally impressed. Ian: "I didn't think much of that; there was no theme, no structure." Me: "You mean apart from the fact it was all about the eighties, and started at question twenty, working its way up to number one, each number representing the highest number the song reached in the UK charts?" "Um, yeah, apart from that!"

We had a full strength team: me, Jonathan, Darren and Shaun; and being an eighties quiz, we were quietly confident [well, not that quiet actually, I had the extra shouty bits this week]. But we got off to a bad start - after the first eight questions, we had scored just four-and-a-half points. I'm pleased to say that we didn't drop any further points, though, finishing on sixteen-and-a-half out of twenty. The winners got eighteen.

The most challenging question was number 17: they played Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry, The Telephone Always Rings and I Dream To Sleep and we had to add them up, coming up with a numerical answer. Any guesses?

No comments: