Tuesday, August 28, 2001

Where am I? "Johannesburg was a prosperous turn-of-the-century mining town. Places of interest included the King Solomon Mine (discovered in 1896) and the Randsburg Railway tracks, making the town a booming transportation center."
No, I am not in South Africa, but in ghost town, Johannesburg, California.

Where am I? "Johannesburg is home to Farmfest 2001 - Great Music, Great Fun, Great Food... Til The Cows Come Home! The music will moooooooooove you. Come and enjoy the performances of The Apple Blossom Bluegrass Band, Beats Settin' Home, Raisin Pickers, Saffire - The Uppity Blues Women and Tangerine Trousers. Local news headlines include: Randy's 30-foot pit spit triumphs."
No, I am not in South Africa, but in Johannesburg, Michigan, population 913.

Where am I? "Johannesburg's neighbouring towns are Elisabeth's Hoop, Mariënburg, Geertruidenberg and Einde Rust."
No, I am not in South Africa, but in Johannesburg, Suriname, South America.

No comments: