Wednesday, January 09, 2002

My very first Exquisite Corpse is now online...

If you don't know what I'm on about, let me explain. It's an artwork produced by a team of people, each of whom has only a tiny idea of what the person before him has done. The first person in the chain produces a picture 450 wide by 200 pixels deep. He then snips off the bottom 15 pixels and sends that tiny strip to the second person, and so on, to produce a [hopefully] seamless whole.

I was the last person in our chain, and I was sent this:


To me, it suggested flowers, so I added a bunch of roses and a daisy, trying to blend them into the lines of the strip I was sent. When it came to naming my strip, I thought "floral... floral... floral and....? Floral and Hardy!" And I added a picture of Oliver Hardy.

Well, the final group picture is online, and - well - it's not bad. I can picture it on a student's wall.

No comments: