Wednesday, April 03, 2002

I am miserable and depressed. Cheer me up.

And, no, it's not merely that I'm having a Tearful Tuesday and a Weepy Wednesday. It's this pointless office move. I am cut off from my colleagues, completely isolated, unable to see or hear them, not knowing what is going on in my department, missing out on the gossip and news. In the course of a normal day we share a great deal of info; I overhear a hundred things that make my job easier.

Now I have to spend eight hours in virtual solitary confinement, my every move observed by the stranger in the office behind me. Not only do I miss my co-workers, but - hey - I miss you guys, too.

I had to literally force myself to come in today. I lay in bed till after nine, contemplating phoning in sick. I am miserable and depressed. Cheer me up.

No comments: