Monday, April 08, 2002

Some of the guys in our office have started a competition to see who can make the largest ball out of elastic bands. They've got a way to go before they can match this guy:
Weight   2,008 lbs
Height   4 1/2 feet
Circumference    12 feet 11"
Duration of project   1 year 8 months
Cost of materials   approx. $6,000.
Number of rubber bands   250,000

"People tell me I’m a pretty wild guy. I started my ball while working in the mail room of one of the world's largest law firms, Skadden Arps.  While working I was surrounded by office supplies. This is when I started becoming fascinated with making art out of any piece of office material that I could bend, twist or glue into something cool. I had to pick up the mail from the post office every day for the attorneys, while at the post office I would grab a handful of the free rubber bands...."

No comments: