Friday, October 25, 2002

Meg asked us yesterday to remember our first celebrity crushes. "easy," I thought, "Debbie Harry." And yes, back in the late seventies, early eighties, I was the numero uno Debbie Harry fan. My room at boarding school was literally covered with pictures of Debbie: everything from huge posters to tiny pictures cut out of magazines. Debbie was the perfect pop star - gorgeous, slutty, sexy yet credible.

However, not all my crushes were quite that credible. Reading through the comments on Meg's site, memories came flooding back. Did I really used to have a 'thing' for Kristy McNichol? Puzzlingly, yes. And, most embarrassingly of all, did I really come over all funny whenever Johnny of Sha Na Na gazed at me through the telly screen, all doe eyes and falsetto? Cringingly, yes.

Mike posted pics of his first crushes. Here are mine: [pics removed to conserve bandwidth]

No comments: