Tuesday, October 16, 2001

...can't sleep, must stop thinking, perhaps I should lie on my back, but no, that doesn't feel right so I'll roll on to my side, yes, that feels a lot better, now if only I could switch my mind off but, ooh, my ear is itchy, I'm going to ignore it, I'm ignoring it, I'm ignoring it, ouch, have to scratch it, but now the itch has moved to my cheek, I wonder why it does that, I mean I know it's in my mind but it's almost like there's some kind of itch mite travelling across my face, like my body is crawling with them - it could make a good blog entry - sorry Marcus, I hope I didn't wake him up; oh, now my neck's itchy, I'm not going to twitch my foot, I'm not, I'm not, aarrggh, sorry, oh, that's okay, he's still asleep - he'd sleep through anything, still, at least he's not snoring - yet - must remember to send off those pages first thing tomorrow morning, I just hope the ISDN line didn't crash after I left, because that would be, oh shut up, just go to sleep, stop thinking, now just roll on to your stomach, ooh no, try the right side - that's better, now switch my mind off, think happy thoughts, try a smile, not that I'm worried about anything, but sometimes even just smiling can make you feel better, there, doesn't that feel - no, I just feel stupid and - yes - my ear is itchy again, oh just shut up and try thinking visually instead of verbally, like try dreaming even though you're awake, that usually helps, okay, I'm in a car, travelling down a hill, look out of the window, take in the view, yes, there's, no it's not working, can't see anything, just think about nothing, nothingness, I can't switch my mind off even though I'm really tired, must get some sleep, can't sleep...

No comments: