Wednesday, October 10, 2001

Sparky - who is soon arriving on these shores - has published a list of all the bands he has ever seen, or those he can remember. I spot a meme! Looking through his list, I realise I wouldn't count a lot of the bands he's included. For instance, I was at the same gay band showcase that he was at one night in New York, and therefore also saw Morplay, The Maul Girls, Paxton, The Velvet Mafia and Russ Turk, but I haven't included them in my list because - well - no-one's ever heard of them! [And never will.....] I've also excluded bands I happened to chance across at festivals when there was nothing better on. And all the South African bands you've never heard of, but which were the only bands who ever toured SA.

Here are the artists I can remember seeing in the last five years or so:
ABC
Marc Almond
Ash
Babybird
Beautiful South
Beck
Blondie
Blur
Black Box Recorder
Nick Cave
Clinic
Cocteau Twins
Cornershop
The Creatures
Divine Comedy
Elastica
Erasure
Go-Betweens
David Holmes
Kirsty MacColl
Depeche Mode
Heaven 17
Human League
Lightning Seeds
Magnetic Fields
Billie Ray Martin
My Life Story
Sinead O'Connor
Orbital
The Pastels
Pet Shop Boys
Primal Scream
Prince
Pulp
Rolling Stones
The Selector
Sing Sing
Smog
Soft Cell
Stereolab
The Stranglers
Super Furry Animals
Supergrass
U2
Yo La Tengo

No comments: