Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Oh, you probably want to know how the job interview went? It went fairly well - they were nice people and I asked all the right questions. But their mag is a lot glossier and more creative than the one I've been working on, and I left with the feeling that they would be worried that I wouldn't be up to the job. And, sure enough, they emailed me today to say they'd decided to go with another designer who had more experience in their sector. Although I know I would have been capable, I understand their reservations. I don't mind - it was only a quarterly publication, giving me just five days of freelance employment every three months. Would have been nice to put in my portfolio, though.

Ah well, I've got one of my regular days in the old office tomorrow. It's not the most creative work, but it pays better.

No comments: