Wednesday, April 23, 2003

A couple of years ago, I read a great book: Bleeding London by Geoff Nicholson. The novel links the stories of people who are obsessed with London in different ways. Stuart is determined to walk every street in the A to Z. Judy has a huge map of London on her bedroom wall, on which she marks all the spots in which she's had sex, and gets her shags to mark their sites too, building up a sexual map of the city.

This brings me neatly to two things:

1. It's my birthday on Monday and, as in 2001 and 2002, I'll celebrate by doing some sort of walk across London. Watch this space.

2. With new site ishaggedhere.com, you can create a plaque indicating where you've had a shag. The site doesn't go far enough in my opinion. There needs to be an online version of Judy's map in Bleeding London. You could enter the postcodes or addresses of the places you've shagged, then you could cross-reference your map with your mates' maps, overlaying them, each showing I shagged here. Does anyone know enough about programming to have a go at this?

Of course, I could combine the two and make my birthday walk a tour of all the places I've had sex. Hmmm.... could take me until my next birthday to finish that one.

No comments: