Thursday, April 24, 2003

Work in progress:
For the cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the Beatles chose writers, artists, musicians and philosophers they admired, people who inspired them.

I came up with the idea of creating my own personal Sgt Pepper, featuring people who have inspired me. It's been fun placing them. Marc Almond at the front, of course. A great picture of the Pet Shop Boys, their brightly-coloured uniforms echoing the Beatles' Pepper suits. The guys from Blondie dressed like the Beatles' Tussauds waxworks on the original cover.

It's taking me a lot longer than I'd thought it would. I've been trying to work in high-resolution so that I can print it out when it's finished, but it's not easy to find high-res pics of everyone. I'm trying to track down good full-length pics of Neil Hannon, Marianne Faithfull and Jarvis Cocker for the front row. If you know of any good sources of big popstar pics, please let me know.

No comments: